2009 News Archive
The following news items are from the news web page during 2009. Some of the links may no longer exist. Some of the links may have been updated with more current information. These items are presented for historical interest only. For up to date information on any of the subjects mentioned, please visit our main web pages on those topics.
- December, 2009
- November, 2009
- October, 2009
The Big Pig Mission
- A group of Central Texas College Hospitality Management students and their friends in Naples, Italy had the experience of a lifetime this weekend when they were involved in the purchase, butchering and processing of an entire farm fresh pig. The group, led by Adjunct Professor Tim O'Connell, processed the entire animal, producing a vast array of recipes, all while strictly following HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points) procedure. In addition to learning a great deal about culinary techniques, the group came away with a large quantity of delicious pork products to share with their family and friends.
- To Read the Full article and see the photos Click Here
- To learn more about CTCs Hospitality Management Courses Click Here
- August, 2009
- Central Texas College is a MyCAA approved school.
- The Department of Defense’s expanded Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA) program is now offering up to $6,000 to military spouses who are interested in pursuing degree programs, licenses or credentials leading to careers in high growth, high demand portable career fields.
- Learn more about MyCAA
- Download the MyCAA Flyer
- June, 2009
The Central Texas College 2009-2010 International Course Catalog is now available on-line.
- Click Here to see the updated programs, degree plans, and courses now available both in the classroom and on-line.
- June, 2009
CTC Holds 2009 Commencement Ceremonies in Europe and Downrange
- Central Texas College Europe’s annual graduation ceremony was held on June 17th, 2009 at Coleman Barracks in Mannheim, Germany. Ceremonies were also held at military installations in Vicenza, Sigonella, Aviano, Rota, several bases in England and, for the first time, at Camp Victory, Iraq. See Photos at our Graduation Gallery
- January, 2009
- Attention all CTC Europe Alumni. Please Contact us!
- Central Texas College Europe is looking for Alumni. We would like to hear from you and about your educational experience with Central Texas College Europe.
- Click Here for more information or visit the alumni links to your left.